Master Class for professional actors
med Kirk Baltz (US)
We are proud to anounce that Kirk Baltz will be coming back to conduct his exclusive Master Class for professional actors looking for a tune up in Stockholm in February 2020.
- Kirk’s workshop is a must! He creates a safe and trusting environment and has helped me to better understand who I am as a person and an actor. I now enjoy my craft even more! I’ve been acting for 30 plus years and Kirk is without a doubt the best coach I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Always look forward to his returning to Stockholm. /Kajsa Ernst - Actress
Focus for this spesific masterclass will for each actor be: Find your center - reside in and create from a place of simplicity, truth and conviction. Kirk Baltz’s teaching is Method and Meisner-based, using repetition, movement, sensory work, improvisation, writing, script analysis and varying exercises. The masterclasses are taught in a warm, truthful, humoristic and direct manner.
Kirk encourages artists to fully be who they are while realizing their full potential. Kirk’s work can also help participants with practicing the differences between acting on stage, on camera and in a casting office.
The script that will be used in the workshop this time is A Brief History of Helen of Troy by Mark Shultz. It’s a rough play but leads to a deeply moving and poignant conclusion. The script will be sent out to participants in advance
- I am very excited about doing gender and age switches throughout and the places it will take the class to as a whole and ALL of us individually. Give it a good read…Mark Shultz is a truly remarkable playwright. /Krik Baltz
In this Master Class you will learn how to:
- Strengthen your acting technique while working in a safe and inspiring environment.
- Make strong choices, which aid in the delivery of a performance that is truthful and alive.
- Keep your work fresh and consistent.
- Be able to overcome personal blockages while achieving your full potential.
You can expect:
- One-on-one coaching (in a classroom setting) to help fine-tune your work.
- Going through the process of working on monologues and scenes while releasing emotion with freedom and clarity.
- Greater confidence in how you approach and experience your work as an artist
- Exercises will include: Movement, relaxation, sensory work, and text absorption while incorporating impro.
The Master Class is a collaboration with Den Danske Scenekunstskole and Norsk Skuespillersenter.
Kirk Baltz is a Hollywood-based renowned actor and acclaimed acting coach. From the start of his career Baltz has studied extensively in NYC and LA with noted teachers like Sandra Seacat, Greg Zittle, Susan Batson, Tony Greco, and Penny Allen; who are responsible for the training (and in some cases the continued coaching), of actors such as Ryan Gosling, Nicole Kidman, Andrew Garfield, Laura Dern, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Lange, Harvey Keitel and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
As an acting teacher, Kirk Baltz works with actors, writers and directors all over the world helping them gain a better understanding of strong acting techniques and staying authentic in the work, thus gaining a more striking presence on stage and on film.
He has appeared in numerous television shows: The Shield, NYPD Blue, Without A Trace, Will and Grace, 24 and NCIS: Los Angeles and noted features such as Bulworth, Natural Born Killers, Reservoir Dogs (as Officer Marvin Nash), Dances with Wolves and Taylor Hackford’s Parker.
Kirk has recently appeared in the film Interior Night and will soon be seen in Deniz Erguven’s Kings. He can currently be seen in international film festivals in the critically acclaimed short films The Armoire written and directed by Evan Cooper and Demon written and directed by Caleb Slain. Kirk will be appearing in the upcoming feature The Will O Wisp by Evan Cooper.
Stockholm, MDT Skeppsholmen
17-21 februari 2020
Sista ansökningsdag var 2020-02-01.